Time Random Blinking Squares
on Apr 20, 2007 at 5:19:11 pm

Hi there again...

I

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Time Random Blinking Squares
on Apr 20, 2007 at 7:01:54 pm

Here's an example that might get you headed in the right direction. Create a null object and put it at the bottom of the layer stack (below your grid layers). Apply a slider control to the null and apply this expression to it:

posterizeTime(3); //3 flashes per second
Math.floor(random(thisComp.numLayers - 1)) + 1

Apply this expression to the Opacity property of each of your grid layers:

if (thisComp.layer("Null 1").effect("Slider Control")("Slider") == index)0 else 100;

One grid layer at a time should flash randomly at the frequency set in the posterizeTime statement. This assumes your null layer is named "Null 1" and that it is the only layer in the comp besides your grid layers. You'd have to adjust things to accomodate your setup, and whatever property you want to affect.

Basically, the slider control is "publishing" a random layer number of the layer that should flash.

Dan

Return to posts index

Amy-from-montreal
on Jun 10, 2007 at 5:33:20 pm

What if i would want to make the 'flashes' be longer than a frame?

I need several overlapping layers to appear randomly, but letting us the time to see the bottom layers too...

Amy

Return to posts index

theHaz
on Jun 27, 2007 at 8:34:41 am

i tried doing it like u did but somehow an error message pops out saying it cant find the "slider control" effect..

i only had 4 layers.. including the null.
i dunno wats wrong.. any ideas?

thanks.

Haz.

Return to posts index

newbie_26
on Oct 24, 2007 at 5:44:21 pm

Hi!! I hope somebody replies to this message.. anyway, i'm using adobe AE 7.0 and i also want to make these blinking squares thingy.. i want to incorporate this video to my avp for my wedding.. also, i'm a new user of AE but i really want to learn how to use this.. so, i hope somebody could email me on how to do the random blinking squares (with different colors) step by step. Please?? i really want this to be my intro video... thanks!!!! :)

Return to posts index

ninguem
on Apr 20, 2007 at 7:16:32 pm

Great!...thanx a lot for the fast start...now I

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]