ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Starfield with Letters or Numbers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael
Starfield with Letters or Numbers
on Oct 11, 2006 at 5:30:41 pm

Hello there.

I have a Problem with After Effects I hope you guys can help me.

I want to create a Starfield in After Effects 6.5. But instead of stars, I want to put letters or numbers (2 b more specific, a Font).
So, I tried the particle-simulation in After Effects. There I can replace the particles with an installed fontset.

So far so good.

But, I`m not able to wangle After Effects, that the particles come towards the viewer like the familiar screen from star trek.
And when I change the layer into a 3D layer, as well no suitable result.

;-(

Is it possible in After Effects at all? Or should I switch to a 3D Programm like Cinema 4D???

User intelligence to low...

TIA 4 help

Michael

Return to posts index

Julian06
Re: Starfield with Letters or Numbers
on Oct 11, 2006 at 6:29:44 pm

Hi
[Michael] "Is it possible in After Effects at all? Or should I switch to a 3D Programm like Cinema 4D???"

Trapcode particular does the trick

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Oct 11, 2006 at 6:40:51 pm

Get Trapcode's Particular. It allows this type of stuff easily by using custom particles. ParticlePlayground is limited 2D and you can't change that. Depending on the number of layers involved, you may also want to explore Dan Ebberts' expression tutorials for creating particlesystem-like effects or you could try to arrange you layers in 3D space with other tools such as Echospace (again from Trapcode) or the 3D Layer Assistants.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

daveyg
on Oct 11, 2006 at 7:58:19 pm

can you use trapcode with zaxwerks as custom particles

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Oct 11, 2006 at 8:19:49 pm

An AE layer can be a custom particle. But that AE layer should probably be a comp containing the Zaxwerks-effect layer.

Will the Zax layer interact properly in the 3D space of the camera used by Particular? Not according to my tests. Particular sees the Zax layer as a flat movie. (and I tried continuous rasterization)

So if you shoot a bunch of zax words at camera using Particular, you will not see the bottom of the words above you, nor will you see the tops of words below you. You will see the front of all words, just as if each particle were a flat movie.

Once again, the limits of AE are pushed, and a 3D app becomes necessary to achieve an effect. :)

I could be wrong, of course ...

Return to posts index

Michael
on Oct 12, 2006 at 3:29:05 pm

Trapcode is the thing....

Thank you guys so much 4 helping!!!

Luv

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved