ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

logo into dripping blood/water

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
walkinginspace
logo into dripping blood/water
on Aug 7, 2006 at 1:30:19 am

I have a logo that reveals on then stays on screen for 2 seconds, then I need it to melt/slide/drip off the screen. I've tried particle, liquify and still can't get the right look. Does anyone have any clues or ideas on this or better yet a past project that this was done in? Thanks for any help!

steve

Return to posts index

duffbeer911
Re: logo into dripping blood/water
on Aug 7, 2006 at 1:41:19 am

maybe you could try Mr. Mercury - I haven't used it before so I can't help you too much, but do a search for it in the archives

Return to posts index

walkinginspace
on Aug 7, 2006 at 1:57:20 am

mr mercury seem to just spurt out from a single point, not allow a exist frame(logo) to be turned into it....

Return to posts index

yikesmikes
on Aug 7, 2006 at 7:56:43 am

This isn't bad.

CC Scale Wipe (Transition)
First drop then center down below the Logo: Set a keyframe
Stretch 10 (your choice, tweak later): Set a keyframe
Direction 180: Set keyframe
Now down the time line, move the center to above the Logo, wiping the Logo off the screen

Note: If your Logo is a smaller layer than the Comp, you may need to Image Control>Grow Bounds and add a few hundred pixels. Slide Grow Bounds above the Scale Wipe.

Roughen Edges (Stylize)
I Like Spiky
Border: 0 to start = no effect, crank it up down the line, to add irregularity to the melting edges.
Complexity: 1 seems better than more
Tweak to taste

CC Glass (Stylize)
Height: 0 to start, then up to 30 or 40 down the line
Most of the times this gives a glassy texture like melting, but some color schemes don't seem to work well, you choice.

Also to give it a little flowing Rivulet action

CC Bender (Distort)
Amount 0, but add wiggle expression: wiggle (2,8)
Top: Set at bottom of logo
Bottom: Set to off bottom of Comp
Type: Marilyn

or better yet for the Bender see Aharon's tuts on Displacement Maps (Click his head at top).

Oh, yeah, If there a big flat bottom, like a letter D or L, then the sheeting action of it falling like a curtain spoils the look, so if you want dripping more try a rectangular or wedge mask to split the bottom. It can get tricky to adjust since the Glass above blobs things out, but put one there (Invert) and play with the mask expansion until it looks right.

Return to posts index

Mylenium
on Aug 7, 2006 at 5:19:32 am

Na,you won't have much luck with anything synthetical. Get yourself some stock footage of dripping paint or create some yourself (white wall paint on black paper works well), then use bits and pieces of this as mattes in combination with other masks.

Mylenium

[Pour Myl

Return to posts index

sam.mltn
on Aug 7, 2006 at 9:27:52 am

i used this technique once. found it a long time ago when I was searching for cool projects

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/new_read_post.cgi?forumid=2&postid=31...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]