ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Generate random number, hold n frames, new number, hold n frames (where n is a random amount as defined by a min and max)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Clark
Generate random number, hold n frames, new number, hold n frames (where n is a random amount as defined by a min and max)
on Jul 27, 2020 at 7:26:18 am

Hoping someone could lend a hand here, I cant work out the logic required to make this work (a bit embarrassing, it seems so simple, sorry to be daft)

I want to generate a random number, which will hold for a few frames, before generating a new random number. The hold frames should be randomly generated anywhere between a defined min and max value.

It would play out something like this:

number -> hold 5 frames -> new number -> hold 12 frames -> new number -> etc

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
Re: Generate random number, hold n frames, new number, hold n frames (where n is a random amount as defined by a min and max)
on Jul 27, 2020 at 9:03:51 am
Last Edited By Filip Vandueren on Jul 27, 2020 at 9:05:27 am

The subject has been discussed many, many times through the years.
You should search the forum.

For example here:
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/227/38251

Return to posts index

Nathan Clark
Re: Generate random number, hold n frames, new number, hold n frames (where n is a random amount as defined by a min and max)
on Jul 27, 2020 at 10:25:09 am

🤦‍♂️ Filip you're 100% right. I did not search the forum and apologise. I searched google with too-vague search terms which returned a bunch of cow threads, none of which covered what I needed... it wasn't until I started writing the post and trying to properly articulate what I was attempting that I came up with appropriate keywords – which would have indeed returned the right results had I used them in my search. Consider me humbled and kinda shamed for being too hasty in seeking assistance. Of course this has come up a million times before – Thanks for your kind assistance despite me being a bit of a dingus.

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
on Jul 27, 2020 at 10:57:00 am

No worries mate, I’m not the COW-police ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]