Import comps from external project

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Gomez
Import comps from external project
on Jul 23, 2020 at 4:46:29 pm
Last Edited By Sebastian Gomez on Jul 23, 2020 at 5:42:03 pm

Hi folks, here's the situation:

What I have: A .jsx that selects and adds comps from the project to the active comp based on parameters defined by the user in a dialog prompt.

What I need: A .js script that does this but calls and adds the comps from an external AE project, so as to keep the working project clean and light weight.

Questions: The import object in the AE scripting guide does not seem to cover this. Is it possible to do it with a .js, or this would require C/C++ with the SDK?

UPDATE:
I found some clues in this post. I could import the whole project, and search and add specific comps , but I'd need to delete unused items after.

Any help or clues will be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chaz Chester
Re: Import comps from external project
on Jul 26, 2020 at 2:39:10 pm

It should be possible to do this with a script. It's a little over my head, but I think you could have the script

, reduce the project to the intended comps, save a copy with the menu command, open the destination project, import the copied aep, and then delete the copied aep so it isn't taking up space on your computer. It's a cool idea, so I hope someone who knows more than I do helps you out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]