ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keeing green out from this footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Estrobelai
Keeing green out from this footage
on Jun 20, 2020 at 10:08:50 am

Hi everyone,

I am trying to key green out from this footage. I have attached in here a screenshot of the clip (had to remove faces due to data protection) so you guys can see the issues that I have come across. As there are 2 subjects in the clip, I will call the subject who is standing A and B the other one who is sitting right below A.

Screenshot:

So the issues that I am facing are:

1) Shadows around the subject B (subject’s long hair doesn’t help either)
2) Multiple shades of green in the footage
3) The crisps package is reflecting some light, which creates some extra noise when using the keylight function in AE.

Any help to tackle this one would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Filip Vandueren
Re: Keeing green out from this footage
on Jun 21, 2020 at 10:07:58 am

Wrong forum, but my answer is to do a reshoot with proper lighting

Return to posts index

Chaz Chester
Re: Keeing green out from this footage
on Jun 29, 2020 at 1:50:59 am

There's no substitute for proper lighting, but you might be able to salvage this shot by adjusting the colors with the effects Selective Color and Change to Color. Make everything you want to key out as green as possible and everything you want to keep as magenta as possible. It'll make your footage look crazy, but that's okay because you'll set Keylight to Screen Matte and just use this version as a luma matte for the an unaltered copy of the footage. If the edges are jagged, you can pre-comp it and slap Matte Choker on the pre-comp. I had some success with this still you've posted, but it's gonna take a lot of tweaking and probably some roto to get the footage to look clean. Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]