ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Extension Build // Is it possible to load a copy of an extension?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph chung
AE Extension Build // Is it possible to load a copy of an extension?
on Jun 18, 2020 at 7:59:01 pm

Hello, I am currently building an Extension through the html/cep route and looking for a way to open another instance of my extension after pressing a button.

I've tried using csinterface.requestOpenExtension(extID) but this does not work. Is it even possible to have 2 instances of the same extension?

Is there another way to have a button open up another instance of an extension?

I am building a tool that has several tabs and would like the user to have the ability to have another instance with a different tab so they can dock it anywhere in aftereffects.

document.getElementById("newInt").addEventListener("click", function () {
var newInst = new CSInterface();
newInst.requestOpenExtension(com.msetest.test);
})

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Logan
Re: AE Extension Build // Is it possible to load a copy of an extension?
on Jun 22, 2020 at 4:45:38 am

AE will accept only one Interface at one instance that is specified in manifest.xml even though if you achieve to load the other extension it will be considered as a popup which you will not be able to dock the window.

Although I'm not saying it's not possible Animation Composer has similar instances as you say, but it's a plugin built on C++.

I did notice the latest plugin of "Motion Factory" has multiple window for one extension you could analyse thier source code to get the idea.

You could use react.js to build the plugin which is much handy in handling routes & state.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]