ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

adding multiple layers and effects with scripts

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arne Münch
adding multiple layers and effects with scripts
on May 31, 2020 at 9:08:15 am
Last Edited By Arne Münch on May 31, 2020 at 9:12:01 am

How does it generally work to create several layers with several effects via script.

For example if I build up a rig of several Layers and Controllers and want it to be recreated (in another project) by one click via script.
Do I have to write code for all single steps to build that rig or is there another solution to copy all layers at once somehow and use that data in the script?

I hope its clear what I mean. Thanks a lot...

Return to posts index

Andrei Popa
Re: adding multiple layers and effects with scripts
on Jun 1, 2020 at 7:34:54 am

It is pretty complicated to serialize a project as you describe here. There is an alternative, but it costs.
https://aescripts.com/compcode/

If you want to do it by yourself, you would have to create a variable(maybe a JSON file) with all the characteristics of the layers and effects.(names, size, position etc).
There isn't anything AE provides right now that could save your rig inside a jsx.

Andrei
My Envato portfolio.

Return to posts index

Arne Münch
Re: adding multiple layers and effects with scripts
on Jun 1, 2020 at 11:10:32 am

Thank you Andrei for your thoughts on this. It was helpful.

When you copy several layers into the clipboard, I thought there must be a way to save that data.
And then a script simply had to read that data, put it back to the clipboard and paste it.
Is that what you mean by the JSON file?

Because manually I thought you can repeat all the steps you did to build up the comp in the .jsx, and there seems no need to create a JSON, but it can be a lot especially if you are not familiar with all the commands.

Another approach would of course be to save selected comps in an .aep and import via script from there. But you cannot just add layers to an existing comp with that way.

https://www.instagram.com/arnemuench/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]