ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Change a comp frame rate with Dropdown Menu expression?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David O'Dwyer
Change a comp frame rate with Dropdown Menu expression?
on May 11, 2020 at 9:56:58 am

Hey all,

I've developed a .MOGRT that does some text animations with two keyframes and I've added a time multiplier to the rate of those effects and linked it to a slider so users can just put the slider at one, and those keyframe changes will happen over 1 second. Set it to 2, it'll happen over 2 seconds, etc.

The issue I'm having now though is that I need to create a load of different frame rate options of the template if they want to be able to dial the time in precisely in Premiere Pro, since a 24p Ae template on a 30p PPro timeline won't match frame for frame at any given time other than the very first frame.

So my question is this: Is there a way to change a Comp's frame rate to a set value with an expression, and if so, could I feasibly repeat that expression with different values placed in one of the new drop down menus so that users could select between a list of different frame rates depending on their needs?

If not I'll just have to keep offering the different .MOGRTs in a package, but it's a bit cumbersome. The solution above would ideally make it a bit more idiot-proof.

Many thanks for your help, I know a bit about expressions but this is beyond me!

Cheers,
David

Return to posts index

David O'Dwyer
Re: Change a comp frame rate with Dropdown Menu expression?
on May 11, 2020 at 10:10:20 am

My apologies, I thought if I pre-comped a 24p comp into a 60p comp and then made a .MOGRT out of the 60p comp as Master, then the template would behave as a 60p comp, but it seems it keeps the time behavior of the pre-comp the way I have it set up. So all I need to do now is pre-comp all the different frame rates into the 60p "master" comp and make a menu that uses each comp's opacity as a variable. Much easier!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]