ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Change wiggle speed with slider control

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Karlsson
Change wiggle speed with slider control
on May 10, 2020 at 1:18:53 am

The latest AE update is driving me insane. I've been away on maternal leave for a few months, and now that I'm back it feels like everything's changed... for the worse.

Anyway, I finally got around to specifying freq and amp instead of just pickwhipping directly from the wiggle parentheses, but when I lower the freq (with the use of two keyframes) the animation gets extremely "jumpy". Why is that and what's the workaround?

My entire project depends on this!

Thanks,
Anna

freq = thisComp.layer("Wiggle").effect("freq")("Slider");
amp = thisComp.layer("Wiggle").effect("amp")("Slider");
wiggle(freq,amp)

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Change wiggle speed with slider control
on May 10, 2020 at 4:53:46 am

This might be helpful:

http://www.motionscript.com/articles/speed-control.html#wiggle

Dan

Return to posts index

Anna Karlsson
Re: Change wiggle speed with slider control
on May 10, 2020 at 10:50:13 am

Ohhh thank you, Dan! A life saver, as always. Haha, I suppose I've always animated the amplitude before, then, since this seems to be an old "issue".

Is there a way to animate the position with keyframes as well (the animation consists of ~50 cells that wiggles, but I also want to be able to move them independently), or do I have to parent each layer to a null instead? Usually, you can combine wiggle and position animation just fine ofc, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the solution above?

(I'm still pretty new to expressions, so forgive me if it's a stupid question! ☺)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]