ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

[Scripting] Is there any way to get only the properties available on timeline for selected layers?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adirai Maji
[Scripting] Is there any way to get only the properties available on timeline for selected layers?
on May 6, 2020 at 2:18:53 pm

Is there any way that I can get only properties with are available in timeline for selected Layer? I don't want to collect the names of properties like Markers and other properties which aren't available for user to see....

==================================================================================================
Thanks in Advance...

- Adirai Maji

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: [Scripting] Is there any way to get only the properties available on timeline for selected layers?
on May 16, 2020 at 1:49:45 pm

Adirai - what in your opinion, determines which properties are not available? Thus, this is not exactly clear what you had in mind :)

Find out more:
Motion Graphics Design & After Effects Tutorials
On YT
On VH

Return to posts index

Adirai Maji
Re: [Scripting] Is there any way to get only the properties available on timeline for selected layers?
on May 19, 2020 at 1:25:07 pm

To understand what I'm asked above. This will explain better I guess..
To be exact I write this code below.

var project = app.project;
var activeItem = project.activeItem;
var firstSelectedLayer = activeItem.selectedLayers[0];

var availableProperties = [];

for (i=1; i<=firstSelectedLayer.numProperties; i++){
availableProperties.push(firstSelectedLayer.property(i).name+"\n");
}
alert(availableProperties);

If I run this code I'll get properties available for newly created solid layer as below.

Marker
,Time Remap
,Motion Trackers
,Masks
,Effects
,Transform
,Layer Styles
,Geometry Options
,Geometry Options
,Audio
,Data
,Master Properties
,Sets

In this list TRANSFORM is the only property is visible in the timeline for the selected Solid layer. But It shows all the invisible properties for the solid. Same goes for text layer and other layers. I just want to list out the Transform property for this solid. Because it's the only visible property on timeline. If the solid has mask it should also show Mask and Transform properties. I don't want to check if the solid has mask or effects or markers for each time. Is there any simple method to do it???

==================================================================================================
Thanks in Advance...

- Adirai Maji

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]