ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Responsive composition resize in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Mara
Responsive composition resize in AE
on May 1, 2020 at 9:57:37 am

Hello world,

is it possible to resize a composition with an expression?

This could sound as an old thread, but the last time that someone asked about it, it was almost 10 years go so I'm hoping in a 2020 smart solution .

I'm asking this because I've recently watched a Tutorial on YT which shows how to make a responsive design scene in AfterEffects.

This is the Tutorial and at 38 seconds the magic happens.

In the Intro there's an interesting animation where the guy resize the composition simply dragging left/right/up/down a scale handle of a null object.
You can also see what I mean from this Gif

Composition Resize

I'm not sure if it's just a fake representation or if it's a real thing but, if it's a real thing, it would be interesting to understand how to do that, maybe with a script?
I'd love to know if anybody out there could possibly know the answer to this arcane =)

Thanks everybody

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Responsive composition resize in AE
on May 16, 2020 at 2:16:12 pm

Hey Nick, your assumption is spot on - its fake ☺ See sample attached:
fake-tutorial.png

Comp bg is set to the one which matches foreground of an app. Its a matter of people's transparency, but some just doesn't care, as long as it generates clicks. Thats how it works nowadays in the internet - you just can't trust what you see, haha.

Anyways, with a script you could achieve something similar to this - just a question whether you really need it? Because normally, all resolutions have some 'pre-defined' values, and its unlikely that in the long run you will choose random resolutions from time to time.

Find out more:
Motion Graphics Design & After Effects Tutorials
On YT
On VH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]