ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there an expression code for random positions of repeating starting and ending fireworks effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Balitz
Is there an expression code for random positions of repeating starting and ending fireworks effect?
on Apr 29, 2020 at 5:54:18 am

I am trying to create an automated fire works show. The animation is 5 seconds flat. Is there a good random expression programming code for randomizing starting and ending positions of fire works shooting off from the bottom to the top of the screen.

I have set three key frames. And would like the trail layer to start from a random y position and shoot off into a random x & y position in 5 seconds which I will loop. Do I have to separate dimensions? And does this require a slider? Is it possible? Perhaps an if statement?

Note: I know I can do posterize time for the explosion, but the random shooting off part makes things a bit more difficult. The trail is supposed to connect to the firework position in some way.

holdTime = 5; //time to hold each position (seconds)
seed = Math.floor(time/holdTime);
seedRandom(seed,true);
random(0,1920)

NULL LAYER

---

temp = thisComp.layer("Null 2").effect("Slider Control")("Slider");
[value[0], temp]

FireWorks Layer connected to slider

Return to posts index

Robert Mueller
Re: Is there an expression code for random positions of repeating starting and ending fireworks effect?
on Apr 29, 2020 at 11:01:23 am

Hi, you seem to be using a plugin for the firework. Which one?

Return to posts index

Kyle Balitz
Re: Is there an expression code for random positions of repeating starting and ending fireworks effect?
on Apr 29, 2020 at 8:07:49 pm

Hi Robert, Sorry for the lack of information, I am using Trap Code Particular.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]