ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Lock keyframes Position and Scale

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fabienne de vries
Lock keyframes Position and Scale
on Mar 27, 2020 at 12:09:16 pm

Hi!
I have to create a template for a lower third. The idea is that the next person who will work with this file can only change the name in the lower third and not mess with the animation. So I want to lock the position keyframes and also the scale keyframes. I found lots of expressions but if I use them I get an error or I just find expressions for 1 keyframe.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andrei Popa
Re: Lock keyframes Position and Scale
on Mar 27, 2020 at 12:44:51 pm

You can precomp the lower third and then link the text values to 2 separate text layers that are in the mother composition. You can make these 2 layers guide layers, so they will not appear on render. And you can shy the precomp so someone does'nt enter it by error.

Or you could block all the layers except the names, then make them shy, so they don't appear in the timeline.

Andrei
My Envato portfolio.

Return to posts index

fabienne de vries
on Mar 27, 2020 at 1:43:23 pm

Thanks! Yes already did this but I thought maybe lock it extra extra extra so they can't change it "easily", but then again if they want to change it they will find a way anyway ☺ I will just leave it like this...
Thank you!

Return to posts index

Andrei Popa
on Mar 27, 2020 at 3:04:32 pm

If someone knows how to unshy and unblock a layer, he should be safe changing a few keyframes.
Plus, if he messes something up he may have auto-save, undo and such things at his diposal.

Andrei
My Envato portfolio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]