ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tile Griddler Kaleidoscope Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabian Bosman
Tile Griddler Kaleidoscope Effect
on Dec 6, 2019 at 2:47:10 pm

Hi,

I'm working on some typography animations and I came across these two effects.
I would like to know how to achieve these effects. The animations are going to be seperate from each other.
I also would like to keep it small in terms of layers. I would prefer to just use one text layer.

This is the first effect. Its a repeater effect but I dont know how to hide the text behind it and "stagger" it.

This is the second effect. I tried to recreate this effect with Text animators and Expression selectors but I couldn't get
the same effect. I want it to be adjustable so that I can type in any text I want. The characters should animate in from up and down
and eventually should align.

I hope somebody can help explain how to achieve those effects. I've been looking for two full days
to figure out how those effects are made.

Greetz,
Fabian

Return to posts index

Alex Printz
Re: Tile Griddler Kaleidoscope Effect
on Dec 6, 2019 at 3:11:54 pm

What makes you think these aren't individual assets? Do you have animation examples showing they're repeaters, or are you just thinking you can make it work with a repeater? All I see are graphic design images, which would likely be unique assets or a blend effect in illustrator.

Alex Printz
Mograph Designer

Return to posts index

Fabian Bosman
on Dec 6, 2019 at 3:23:27 pm

Hi Alex,

I believe the repeater effect can be done with an effect or expressions, but I dont know how and thats
why I asked is someone knows how to achieve this effect. I dont think these are unique assets, but just text layers in After effects.

You can see it in action in this video:
https://youtu.be/VrYSabPGZoU?t=99

Do you now how to achieve a slot mashine effect with expressions?

Thanks
Fabian

Return to posts index

Alex Printz
on Dec 6, 2019 at 3:41:46 pm

It was probably done with the text effectors then, or as shape layers with multiple repeaters

Alex Printz
Mograph Designer

Return to posts index

Alex Weil
on Dec 6, 2019 at 4:10:37 pm

Hey Fabian,

i think you can only archive the first effect with several copies of the original layer (maybe with a wickwhiped source text) and masks. to have it a little more dynamic you can create trackmattes for the copies which are driven by expressions (like position offset via index). Maybe i can find some time this weekend and run a little test.

for that slotmachine effect i would throw a cc repetile effect on the Text Layer, place some masked adjustment layers with the transform effect over it and create a master mask all over it. i tried it and it worked, cant upload and attach the file here :-/

cheers
Alex

Return to posts index

Fabian Bosman
on Dec 6, 2019 at 6:59:03 pm

Hi Alex,

The first effect I'm trying to get is kind of similar to this effect that someone posted here before

It repeats itself from the middle and also reveals from behind something.
Hope this helps.

Greetz,
Fabian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]