ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

loading assets with different height into a tall composition via spreadsheet

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Armandi
loading assets with different height into a tall composition via spreadsheet
on Nov 21, 2019 at 1:57:42 pm
Last Edited By Al Armandi on Nov 22, 2019 at 12:27:51 am

I have a spreadsheet with lots of entry, each entry referring to a specific asset (ast1,ast3,ast5,ast1) these assets are .png files all same width but different height. The numbers can repeat and there is no order in them.

I need to load these assets to a long skinny composition and the comp need to be dynamically linked to the spreadsheet

To do it I made a pre-comp and put all my assets from 00 to last one in a timeline

Now this pre-comp has all the assets in order

then I import this timeline to final comp and enabled time ramping for it and let script jump to the time according to the correct order

this is all well if my assets same height but if they are different, I need a new solution

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: loading assets with different height into a tall composition via spreadsheet
on Nov 29, 2019 at 9:07:29 am

Hey Al, looking at it from a first glance, I guess you just need to set each 'comps' positions in the stack based on above comps layers heights. (if you want to achieve it solely in expressions)

With that in mind, you need to make 'tall enough' composition so that it will not go above maximum scenario of height.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]