ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Offset freeze frame expression

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Todd
Offset freeze frame expression
on Nov 13, 2019 at 8:12:48 pm

Hey, I created this image by exporting a video as image sequence then pulling in the images as single frames for a fashion film I am working on, and the effect is really nice and dream like and the director loves it, accept I have loads to do and this feels like a huge waste of time in its current workflow. What I would like to do it take duplicate video layers and offset a freeze frame based on index, that way I can avoid the laborious task of exporting as an image sequence and then re importing. I wondered if anyone had any ideas for the expression I would need for this. I am fine with other values but I am struggling with getting anything working in the freeze frame offset. I still want it to feel rich and vibrant and ghostly so not a simply echo effect, this is much more subtle. Anyway, any tips would be greatly appreciated. I like the idea of utilizing the markers as a trigger. Forgive my ignorance, I am normally confident trying to piece together expressions from various sources but this has my head scratching.

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Offset freeze frame expression
on Nov 13, 2019 at 8:48:03 pm

Cool effect. Something like this maybe for time remapping:

if (thisComp.marker.numKeys > 0)
thisComp.marker.key(1).time + (index-1)*thisComp.frameDuration;
else
value;

It references the first comp marker.]

Dan

Return to posts index

Mark Todd
Re: Offset freeze frame expression
on Nov 14, 2019 at 9:10:28 am

Thanks Dan, I will give it a try this afternoon, with the director this morning discussing changes. So may all change anyway ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]