ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Create a time variable from "button" click in Essential Graphics panel

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Haidu
Create a time variable from "button" click in Essential Graphics panel
on Aug 29, 2019 at 9:43:13 am

Hey everyone,

is it somehow possible to implement some form of button in the Essential Graphics pane that, when clicked, creates a usable time variable (e.g. the frame when the user clicked that button) for further use in expressions?

So to make this more clear: I want to create an Essential Graphics template that creates a box with bulletpoints. The user will import it, write down what each line will be. The user goes through their timeline and at that point in the timeline, when the first bulletpoint should appear, they hit that button that I would like to implement. Now that line will animate in. Then for line 2 they will hit another button for line 2 to animate in at the appropriate and time and so on.

I hope I was able to explain, what I am trying to make.

So do you think this is possible somehow? I am not aware that a button exists, really. So can you maybe use a checkbox in its place?

Thanks so much for your help
Julian

Return to posts index

Alex Printz
Re: Create a time variable from "button" click in Essential Graphics panel
on Aug 29, 2019 at 9:19:00 pm

No, there is no way to do it like that where there is a single button.

You could make some sliders though to represent those frames (e.g., slider "start" at frame 1462)

Alex Printz
Mograph Designer

Return to posts index

Julian Haidu
Re: Create a time variable from "button" click in Essential Graphics panel
on Aug 30, 2019 at 7:22:59 am

Hey Alex,
in fact I did do that with the sliders, but as there are up to eight lines I feel like it gets too unintuitive and difficult for a beginner to use it. Thanks for your suggestion though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]