Ive got 36 location points on a map (teardrop look) and all I'm looking to do is have them fall on the map one at at time about 5 frames apart. Is there a simple expression or method to do this instead of keyframing 36 layers?
Instead of keyframing them all and having to work with a bunch of the same animation around multiple layers, I would suggest to animate only a single item / master, and then link others with delay based from it.
In case if different order of appearance is required, it would need to only shift layers stack.
1. Create null and call it 'control'.
2. Add slider effect to it and call it 'delay' (this will be 'offset time')
3. Add slider effect and call it 'yPos'
4. Animate yPos to reflect pin movement from its original position.
5. Link your master layer's y position to 'yPos' slider: position + yPos (might need to tweak this depending on pos differences)
6. Apply expression below depending on whether your master is above or below (index+1) or (index-1)
7. Adjust 'position' value to match your design needs.