ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Expression Random Number Counter 0-100 But Numbers Change Too Quickly (Math.round)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Beavers
After Effects Expression Random Number Counter 0-100 But Numbers Change Too Quickly (Math.round)
on Aug 1, 2019 at 4:54:40 pm

Hi,

I am attempting to make a dynamic bar graph with fluctuating numbers to convey that the results of a poll are still in the midst of being calculated. I haven't even gotten so far as how to address how the bars will animate, but for the numbers I am currently using the expression Math.round(random(0,100)). The expression works, but the numbers move very rapidly and it would be nice to have more control over how fast the numbers fluctuate.

Is there a way to slow down the Math.round(random(0,100)) expression? Also, if someone has a recommendation on how to animate the bars moving up and down to match the numbers, that would be even better.

Thanks!

Math.round(random(0,100))

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: After Effects Expression Random Number Counter 0-100 But Numbers Change Too Quickly (Math.round)
on Aug 1, 2019 at 7:00:32 pm

You could do something like this to have it change, for example, 5 times per second:

posterizeTime(5);

Dan

Return to posts index

Jesse Beavers
Re: After Effects Expression Random Number Counter 0-100 But Numbers Change Too Quickly (Math.round)
on Aug 1, 2019 at 7:05:34 pm

That did the trick!

You da man, Dan! Thank you!

posterizeTime(5);

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]