ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Character driven animation triggers.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Huntington Carpenter
Character driven animation triggers.
on Jul 16, 2019 at 7:28:44 am

I have set up a iphone screen and was wondering if there was any way to trigger the button "presses" for each letter as the text types on. I have the comp set up with checkbox expressions so I could key frame each animation letter by letter but I was wondering if there would be an easier way to animate this. Each letter has its own checkbox expression and I'm not sure how to link that up so the actual text drives the animation to turn the individual letters on and off.

Maybe a slider expression linked up to each numerical value of the alphabet? I'm sort of as far as I can make it so any ideas of how to simplify this with further expressions would be appreciated.

above is what im going for but instead of having to key frame on and off each "button/letter" animation, getting to a point where I can control what button is animating based on the character being typed.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Character driven animation triggers.
on Jul 19, 2019 at 8:26:09 pm

Hey, few points:

1. Is the text being animated IN by Text Animation engine by simple opacity fade or differently?
2. Do you want scaled version of a character to actually animate up real fast, or appear by on/off scenario, single frame long?

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Huntington Carpenter
Re: Character driven animation triggers.
on Jul 19, 2019 at 10:11:26 pm

1. It would be great if I could link each animation to the text that is being animated on but Im not certain how to do that. Could I link it to the text layer with a typewriter effect on it?

2. I have 2 separate "keys" for each letter in a pre comp. The pre comp is then linked up to checkbox controls and that turns the press "on/off" Another checkbox controls lower case and capital.

Where Im at right now is one master adjustment layer that I can put the number of the letter I want to pop up as a slider keyframe but I will have to key on/off each letter press with this set up.

If I could just have it read the text as it types on and link that up that would be awesome but Im stumped.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]