ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do you resize the width of a shape layer with a slider and set specific parameters

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike O'Connor
How do you resize the width of a shape layer with a slider and set specific parameters
on Jul 15, 2019 at 9:49:20 pm

I'm trying to write expression get two shape layers to change width based on the same slider (with one shape getting slight smaller and the other expanding from 0), I'm not sure how to isolate the width of a shape layer (originally I tried to separate the dimensions of shape size or scale, but the option was grayed out) or how to set parameters on a slider, for example when Slider is 0 Shape A's width is 10 Shape B's width is 0, when Slider is 100 Shape A's width is 5, Shape B's width is 20. I understand that I would be writing a different expression for each shape layer, but the bare bones should be the same between them. The end result of this would be a scroll unrolling where the two sides of the scroll (Shape B duplicated) get smaller as the parchment (Shape A) spreads out between them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Corrado Carlevaro
Re: How do you resize the width of a shape layer with a slider and set specific parameters
on Jul 22, 2019 at 11:24:45 am

Something like:
A Size
x = linear(effect("Slider Control")("Slider"),0,100,10,5);
[x, value[1]]

B Size
x = linear(effect("Slider Control")("Slider"),0,100,0,20);
[x, value[1]]

?

Corrado

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>