ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

setSettings()

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott McGee
setSettings()
on Jul 8, 2019 at 3:37:41 pm

I'm writing a script that exports from AE to AME.

I've seen this feature "setSettings()"

Also "queueInAME()"

Can you combine the two? There are certain export settings that only exist in AME and currently if you use queueInAME(), it uses the last setting you used. I want to be able to change these if it is possible.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: setSettings()
on Jul 8, 2019 at 6:12:13 pm

Hey Scott, not sure about the setSettings(), but one pretty good workaround with AME (to avoid latest preset use) is to create watch folders with presets pre-applied.

Then, for every different output version, save as .aep to respective folders. Of course, this applies if you don't need N+k different output formats to handle ☺ But yeah, this option requires watch folders to be created beforehand, which might be a bother.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Scott McGee
on Jul 9, 2019 at 8:00:19 am

Hey Tomas,

Majority of the time I need mp4, but I have a few machines that will only take mpeg2 and a few other formats, none of which After Effects export as.

I'm currently using "queueInAME()", which is fantastic until someone asks for a file for a drive that require mpeg2. Now if I have AME already open I guess I could set up a watch folder, but I like that the script launches AME and if set as true. Automatically starts exporting, but it uses the last used profile.

I do see the benefit in watch folders, but it's a lot of videos a few different formats and I want this plugin to be passed to a few colleagues as well who don't have much knowledge of all this.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Jul 9, 2019 at 3:21:01 pm

'Colleagues' is a word which quite often ruins clever solutions, haha!

Anyways, if I have a chance to get into this will let you know, as I been skipping this by other workarounds instead.

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]