ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Add shape 'path' keyframe at CTI

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gavin Edwards
Add shape 'path' keyframe at CTI
on Jun 13, 2019 at 9:57:18 pm

Is there a script/let that can add a keyframe to the path property of a shape layer? I find myself wasting time drilling down and finding quickly the path property in order to select it and manipulate it, if a keyframe was easily accessible via the 'U' shortcut then I could access the property quickly and easily as I am often having to access paths.

I believe one plugin has this feature as a single click button so I figure it must be possible. If it is then I could access the script quickly via a K-Bar button.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Add shape 'path' keyframe at CTI
on Jul 4, 2019 at 6:15:44 pm

Hey Gavin, not sure whether you solved this or not. Assuming there are N shape paths in a single layer - do you want to select it in the project viewport, and expect 'add keyframe', to be able to reveal it with 'U'?

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Gavin Edwards
on Sep 25, 2019 at 2:56:04 am

Hi Tomas, thanks for your reply. If I understand you correctly, yes something similar to this.

If I have a lot of shape layers that I want to animate directly the path, it would be good if there was a script that could create a keyframe on each path, so then I could press 'U' access them and manipulate them quicker. If I have to twirl down each shape layer to access the path property and a keyframe it takes time. Do you know if its possible to do something like this?

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Sep 25, 2019 at 12:48:02 pm

Hey Gavin, while I am not sure whether such script already exists, I don't see a problem in creating one. Basically, it would require simply looping through the contents of shape layer, and where paths are found - set a keyframe at current time!

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Gavin Edwards
on Sep 25, 2019 at 12:59:57 pm

Hi Tom, yes the problem is, if I have 100 layers that I want to animate the paths for, I have to unfold 100 layers and add keyframes which takes some time - if only there was a keyboard shortcut (like 'S' for scale) that would just bring up the path property.

Therefor, I was wondering if anyone knew of a quicker way, perhaps with a script that could instantly add a keyframe to every path property in each shape layer without the need for unfolding.

Unfortunately my knowledge of scripting is zero, hence my shout out for assistance...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]