ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Script UI Oauth

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott McGee
Script UI Oauth
on Jun 3, 2019 at 7:23:30 pm

I have been working CEP that can pull data from a public google sheet.

This works. The next part is the problem.

I want, after the data has been retrieved and the script has run to change a cell value so when it goes through the loop. It will skip anything that isn't specified.

This appears to require Oauth, which i've been testing with separately using a http://localhost . I got this all working really well.

Now importing the code back into my panel. I realised a few things. It's not a localhost. So it does react like the localhost webpage. Now I know it can be done, because there are a few jsx plugins that have this feature. So it's possible. I just can't for the love of me figure out how they have done it (They've also encrypted their plugins (rightfully so, but this does not help even more))

This isn't being sold and is bespoke for myself and the company I work for, so I don't need a webserver/website to run it off (Or do I?)

How can I get my CEP Panel to pass the Oauth so I can keep my sheets private and use the Google API (Unless anyone else has alternative suggestions)

Return to posts index

Miguel de Mendoza
Re: Script UI Oauth
on Jun 4, 2019 at 1:54:54 pm

Maybe building a local server helps you

Return to posts index

Scott McGee
Re: Script UI Oauth
on Jun 5, 2019 at 8:13:48 am

Thank you that's what I was looking for.

Doing basic test outside of my plug in I seem to be able to use it quite easily.

You don't happen to know anywhere that dumbs this down a bit more. Or any locations where's best to start.

I'm amazed I've gotten so far, but I'm at that last hurdle and I'm running on steam now hahahaha. With every success another hurdle appears.

So I can run a node in my terminal and access that localhost:port with success, so connecting that to google will be easy enough.

It's then getting it to communicate with my CEP, going through the instructions are a little complicated for my level.

So any help to examples or tutorials that are a bit easier would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]