ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Essential Graphics and audio properties

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Haidu
Essential Graphics and audio properties
on May 23, 2019 at 10:42:49 am

Hey everyone,

I created an Essential Graphics Template in After Effects that mutes or unmutes an audio track depending on a user input text layer's content.
The muting just works through setting the audio to [-192,-192].
It works flawlessly in After Effects, but as soon as I open it in Premiere it doesn't work anymore.
I figured this is a bug of some sort, that hasn't been worked on yet.
Is there a workaround for this?
I tried it with the stereomixer effect, but that didn't seem to work out either...

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
Re: Essential Graphics and audio properties
on May 26, 2019 at 6:55:25 am

Hey Julian, how did you used Stereo Mixer? Based on the user input, by setting value to 0..100?

In addition, by saying it does not work, do you mean audio is not affected at all, or are there other issues?

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.
Boxer - Dynamic Text Boxes Template with a Live Preview

Return to posts index

Julian Haidu
Re: Essential Graphics and audio properties
on May 27, 2019 at 7:47:04 am

Hey Thomas,
in the Essential Graphics panel you can select one of multiple prewritten sentences through the use of toggles. A text layer's source text adapts automatically to that. Depending on what sentence you choose, the music is supposed to adapt as well. There are two music files music1 and music2. For each of the prewritten sentences one of those music files should be played.
I tried these two options:
1. Changing the audio levels accord to the toggles set e.g. audio level for music1 to -192 and music2 to 0 and vice versa:
2. Changing the audio levels through the stereo mixer effect e.g. left parented to right and then turning one music layer way down and leave the other at 0 and vice versa.

Both options worked flawlessly in After Effects, but as soon as I created the Essential Graphics file and imported it into Premiere it seemed to ignore the audio functions. It just kept the settings that were present when I exported the Essential Graphics. So let's say while exporting, music1 was set to 0 and music2 was set to -192, it would be like that in Premiere (you can hear music1 and music2 is muted). When I change the sentence through the Essential Graphics Panel in Premiere to another through the toggles now, the text layer adjusts accordingly, but the music stays the same (music1 is still playing instead of music2).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]