ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to offset animation duration and Starting point with expressions?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Longpre
How to offset animation duration and Starting point with expressions?
on Apr 25, 2019 at 6:12:29 pm
Last Edited By Matt Longpre on Apr 25, 2019 at 6:22:05 pm

I need a little help sussing out what expression was used to bind the time stretch to "Duration" in this video. The Essential Graphics templates can be incredibly powerful for adding modular control to animations and lower thirds among other things, I'm using them for some infographics panels and I want them to be a bit more flexible. I'd also like to be able to offset when the animation begins, as this would make dubbing over videos with narration much more fluid and responsive so I wouldn't have to make a new animation from scratch every time I had to account for time differences.

Does anyone know what the expression is to accomplish this task? I need the information very badly, as it would help make setting up standard templates for my work significantly easier between premiere and After Effects.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: How to offset animation duration and Starting point with expressions?
on Apr 25, 2019 at 6:45:06 pm

At around one minute in the person says "go to our website to download the free project file."

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Matt Longpre
on Apr 25, 2019 at 8:53:52 pm

Yeah But i have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for in the project file. I have it, but I can't find the link to the expression or what the expression is. If I knew what the expression was I could spot it, but it's bogged down in all these layers.

Return to posts index

Matt Longpre
on Apr 25, 2019 at 9:09:55 pm

Nevermind, I think i found it under the "Shadow" Layer at Trim Path 1 "End" point.

duration=thisComp.layer("CONTROLS").effect("Duration")("Slider");
ease(time,1,duration,0,100);

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]