ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AFTER EFFECTS terminate app.scheduleTask() on Panel close (NOT Window!).

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anka Petkovskaya
AFTER EFFECTS terminate app.scheduleTask() on Panel close (NOT Window!).
on Apr 16, 2019 at 3:09:22 pm
Last Edited By Anka Petkovskaya on Apr 17, 2019 at 5:32:35 pm

How to have action upon closing the Panel - is there some equivalent to window.onClose()?

EDIT:
OK, I kind of solved it indirectly: I am testing during every scheduleTask() cycle inside the called function with try/catch if there is still instance of the object (in my case ListBox) - if it throws error I know the dialog window was closed/is not present anymore (I just changed my mind and replaced canceling the task with "do nothing" instead as I need to run when there is the ListBox once again) BUT I still have one another issue which is Modal Dialog error coming into my way that is not catch by the try/catch: dose anyone know hot to get rid of the "Can not run a script while a modal dialog is waiting for response"?

But I see no modal dialogs - there is nothing awaiting of anything, that message even does not show up until I manually close my panel and reopen it!

And even stranger is the fact it only happens with a huge project(s) having like 850 active layers which take about 30 seconds to fully open, but with small projects there is no problem like this at all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]