ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Make Animation Library Plugin

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nuwan Thilina
Make Animation Library Plugin
on Mar 29, 2019 at 3:22:38 am

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know how to create an animation library plugin (Preview animation, Drag and drop to composition).
I have seen several products online with very talented authors.

I like to know about the pathway. I'm newborn to the coding world with little knowledge with CSS and HTML so I won't be making it myself if the learning curve is too time-consuming and hard. But like to know the technologies to have a basic understanding even before hiring an expert.

Thank You,
Nuwan T.

Return to posts index

Scott McGee
Re: Make Animation Library Plugin
on Mar 29, 2019 at 8:59:18 am

Unless anyone else has anything to offer.

CEP HTML 5 is what you need to research. This will allow to show previews. Unsure about drag and drop, but there are multiple ways of inputting it.

But the only way to show previews is using a format that will handle h.264.mp4 I build mine in CEP HTML 5

Here's a link to get you started

http://victorianece.com/2015/12/getting-started-with-html5-cep-panels-for-a...

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Mar 31, 2019 at 7:24:46 pm

Hey Nuwan,

to accompany further to what Scott had said already, few things to consider:
1. Why do you need such plugin? Is it for personal use only or built as a tool for others? Answering such question in early beginning is the most important.
2. In case of building plugin for marketplace - consider the competing examples and whether you have an edge.
3. Assuming you have no coding experience in Javascript - are you willing to master it? Sooner or later it will be beyond HTML & CSS.

Hope this helps!

Find out more:
After Effects Tutorials: motion design, expressions, scripting.

Return to posts index

Nuwan Thilina
on Apr 1, 2019 at 4:49:30 am

Thank you, Scott McGee, for taking me to right direction. I didn't have any guide before you sending me invaluable information.
I will start my research from today, Thanks again.

Hello Tom,

01. Yes, Build this for others.

02. We (me & my partner) are making AE templates Full time and looking a way to package them as one plugin.
We will be reaching 1000+ elements this year.

03. Actually, I learned a lot about Javascript from Creative cow forum. Special from Dan Ebberts's posts. I really enjoy it.
But I'm thinking about hiring someone to make the plugin and learn along the way.

Thank You,
Nuwan T.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Apr 1, 2019 at 4:07:03 pm

It would be also notable to look into this tool as one of the additional implementations into your plugin: https://aescripts.com/compcode/

Find out more:

Return to posts index

Nuwan Thilina
on Apr 2, 2019 at 3:27:50 am

Hello Tom, It seems like an amazing project. It does 90% what I wanted. Never seen this type of script before.
There are two problems I wanted to resolve/improve.

01. Visual previews in the library instead of text.
02. Subfolders for subcategories.

Thank You,
Nuwan T.

Return to posts index

Tomas Bumbulevičius
on Apr 3, 2019 at 10:53:53 am

Hey Nuwan,

for visuals I guess there can be only one way of workaround - making actual preview of effect/template/solution as an output file and linking it with button/icon. Which on hover - playbacks.

As for anything sub-bins related, this should depend on html/css solution or any other external libraries to achieve such purpose of showcasing.

Cheers!

Find out more:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]