ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I've put together a preset using this code and it slows AE down to a crawl. What am I doing wrong?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Harwell
I've put together a preset using this code and it slows AE down to a crawl. What am I doing wrong?
on Mar 15, 2019 at 6:15:21 pm

I've put together an Animation Preset with expression controls based on this set of tutorials: https://vimeo.com/user73213403/videos

I just took all of the properties that he tinkers with to finesse his animation and connected them to expression controls.

I'm using it on Duik controllers in order to add "Idle" animation when the "enable" checkbox is on and be able to keyframe animate when it's off. The problem is AE slows down to a crawl and it's really unusable.

I can load the rig and the first time I move a controller it works quickly and well. The next time I try to move a controller I have to select the controller in the layer stack and then click over to the composition panel and wait for the blue "activated" outline appear around that panel. Then I can drag the controller, but it only works after waiting for some kind of calculation to get done over the course of 5 or so seconds.

What am I doing wrong? I'm willing to share the project if someone is able to help troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Tim

/****Delay (Two-Value)****/

//Vars\
On = effect("Enable Delay Position")("Checkbox");
delay = [effect("Delay X")("Slider")*-.01,effect("Delay Y")("Slider")*-.01];
amp = [effect("Amplitude X")("Slider"),effect("Amplitude Y")("Slider")];
offset = [effect("Offset X")("Slider")*-1,effect("Offset Y")("Slider")*-1];
target = effect("Zero The Parent's Position!")("Layer").position;

//Execution\
if(On.value){

temp = [amp[0]*(target.valueAtTime(time+delay[0])[0]-offset[0]), amp[1]*(target.valueAtTime(time+delay[1])[1]-offset[1])];
value+temp;

}else{
transform.position;
}

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]