ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Underline Text With Expression?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mamuka Kavtelishvili
Underline Text With Expression?
on Feb 20, 2019 at 9:16:36 pm

Hello guys!
Im trying to make pre-made social media graphics projects so i'll be able to create them as fast as possible.
right now im trying ot create underline text project, which means ill be able to underline all the texts (multiple lines too) with a shape layers. Also i have to be able to control the size (height, width) of the underline and color too. is there any expression for that?

I was trying to modify Dan's expression for text box but got some problems when im changing font size or alignment.

Return to posts index

Arthur Hakhverdian
Re: Underline Text With Expression?
on Mar 21, 2019 at 9:25:55 am

Anything that has to do with underlining or highlighting specific parts of a block of text is damn near impossibly tricky in expressions. I've struggled with this myself but what I came up with, if you'd even think it anywhere near a viable solution, was so convoluted and ugly that it would put you off even trying.
Unlike, say ActionScript in Flash, After Effects lacks a comprehensive set of text metrics commands, which mean any viable way to perform multi-line or mid-line operations is out the window.

Let me know if you'd be interested in me expanding on this.

Return to posts index

Anton Shushar
Re: Underline Text With Expression?
on Apr 2, 2019 at 5:35:45 pm

I would be interested in seeing how you solved your problem. Showing an example would be the best option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]