ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

.srt file in After Effetcs

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Francois
.srt file in After Effetcs
on Jan 28, 2019 at 5:57:28 pm

Hi all,
I've been looking for a way to import .srt files into After Effects, and was Lucky enough to find that thread:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2483780

Though, the script doesn't work for me and I get an error message saying:
Cannot read property 'match' of undefined
The error is said to be on line 18 (the script I use i the same the original post mentions atop).

The .srt files I work with are well formated. I checked that may times, and even threw them in AME to see if it could render proper empty subtitled MP4 files, and it did very well.

Trying and failing, I was wondering if it wasn't me just being stubborn and whether there would be any other method via Premiere or different scripts that could get me there, but doing it directly in AE would be very convenient, since I'm placing it in animations I'm designing, and have to keep an eye on the text layout amd how everything fits together, being able to move things if required by legibility.

Also, doing it by hand is no option since I have to deliver 17 of them, 10 to 15 seconds long, byt the end of this Week.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Simon

Return to posts index

Nathaniel Logan
Re: .srt file in After Effetcs
on Jan 29, 2019 at 3:14:27 pm

Hi Simon Francois,

Good day to you,

I usually use a free open source script for working with subtitles on After effects, here is the link to download the script: https://github.com/908video/DCSubToAE

All you need to do is Create a Comp and run the script panel & load the .srt file.

That's it all set, a Text layer with Markers and Keyframes will be generated based on the .srt file.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]