Script to automate face tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Hoag
Script to automate face tracking
on Jan 20, 2019 at 4:19:10 pm
Last Edited By Harry Hoag on Jan 20, 2019 at 4:19:43 pm

HI!

I'm having to face track A LOT of footage at the moment. Also after effects likes to gradually slow down to a crawl so by about 500 frames it's useless 💩

So I want to write a script that will automatically chop my footage layer into smaller chunks (CMD+shift+D) of about 250 frames.

I'm sure that's fairly straightforward. I guess the trickier bit will be to automatically setting off the face tracker for each layer. To do it manually you select the layer mask and hit go. Then you wait until it's got to the end of the layer. So the script will have to know when it gets to the layer out point.

I would say I'm low to mid level at expressions, and not really done much scripting. Pretty confident I can fumble through with the help of some excellent brains on here. But before I start, is it even possible to script setting off the face tracker?

thanks ☺

p.s. the crapness of the face tracker really annoys me, if I could just press Go and walk away from my machine that would be great but this slow down thing feels like some crappy coding and un-thorough testing on Adobe's part... to track 5mins of footage will literally take DAYS, whereas tracking the first 500 frames takes about 1min. So now I have to code my own script as a work around.... rant over

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]