ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

loopOut expression not working

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
radheshyam Telange
loopOut expression not working
on Jan 14, 2019 at 6:37:11 pm

Hi,

Following a tutorial they told me to put various loopOut expressions on different rotations of some layers, both PingPong and Cycle, the first ones went well but after working on it for a while the new cycles i created were not working anymore.
Searching for a solution i found that looking at the Post-expresion graph this was the result: http://prntscr.com/m741dh
I tried deleting and remaking the keyframes and changing old expressions to match this one, deleting cache, but nothing changes.

My AE is versione 15.0.0 (build180).

can anyone help me?

loopOut(type = "cycle", numKeyframes = 0)

Return to posts index

Jeff Kay
Re: loopOut expression not working
on Jan 15, 2019 at 7:20:00 pm

How are they not working? Are they returning expression errors? Are they doing nothing? Are they doing something?

Have you tried removing the superfluous information? It does not need type = or numKeyframes= as it will always read the first value as the first and the second value as the second, additionally 0 for numKeyframes is the default value. In general every line (read line of code, not line of text on screen) should have a semicolon ; at the end of it.

loopOut("cycle");

Check to make sure each value that has the expression added to it has keyframes on that value. loopOut functions directly via keyframes and will not work without them.

Return to posts index

radheshyam Telange
Re: loopOut expression not working
on Jan 19, 2019 at 2:58:59 am

it won't do anything, keyframe and everything are there and i also tried deleting the last part ot the expression.
i partially solved the problem in a layer or 2 by taking a new identical level from my original file and putting it instead of the not working one.

my guess is that's just a bug since the new layer is identical to the old one but this one works as it should and the other one keeps giving me that weird graph.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]