ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

lowerthird in/out expression

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex kogan
lowerthird in/out expression
on Dec 12, 2018 at 9:36:54 am

Hi, I'm working on the the graphic package which should be then exported to premier (essential graphics thing) and one of the challenges is that I should create a lowerthird, which is made of 3 parts - animation in / standing still / animation out. The static phase should be adjustable, meaning the user should be able to make it last for whatever time needed. So im looking for an expression or a script which can freeze the static part and then say play animation out after 5/10/.. seconds. And then to create some sort of a slider for controlling that in premier. Is there any way to do that?

Return to posts index

Avinash Ramanath
Re: lowerthird in/out expression
on Dec 18, 2018 at 5:06:44 am

I have a workaround. MGRT layers are like any other layers so you can cut the layer after in animation, before out animation and repeat it.

Return to posts index

alex kogan
on Dec 18, 2018 at 8:50:05 am

Thats the first thing i was thinking about. But apparently, if you split the layer into several pieces then in case you need to update a text you have to do it in each one of them, which is not so handful.

Return to posts index

Avinash Ramanath
on Dec 18, 2018 at 9:01:08 am

Yup, I just realized that. How about you input text first and then cut.

Return to posts index

alex kogan
on Dec 18, 2018 at 9:07:06 am

It is possible, but we are trying to create a template which will be super easy and simple to use for people.
Thanks for your input though

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]