ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Controlling Blurriness via Scale from Another Layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin sum
Controlling Blurriness via Scale from Another Layer
on Nov 18, 2018 at 7:19:11 am

Hi there. I'm trying to proportionally scale an adjustment layer's fast blur blurriness, to a different layer's scale. I have a simple if/else expression on the adjustment layer with the blur effect, and a bunch of layers beneath it. The layer that scales up is attached with a slider control for scale, above it the adjustment layer so that it is unaffected by the blur.

if(thisComp.layer("middle block").effect("Slider Control")("Slider") > 101) 5 else 0;

here's what it gives me:

This is the look I want, however, I want the blurriness to scale in proportion to the increasing scale based off of two keyframes: 100%-130%. Right now the blurriness is going straight from 0 to 5 when the scale is above 101. If I wanted the blurriness to run proportionally from 0 up to 5, as the scale goes from 100% to 130%, how would I go about that?

P.S. disregard the creepy sounding text, it's a translated lorem ipsum text I found online.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Controlling Blurriness via Scale from Another Layer
on Nov 18, 2018 at 8:05:05 am

Like this:

s = thisComp.layer("middle block").effect("Slider Control")("Slider");
linear(s,100,130,0,5)

Dan

Return to posts index

Justin sum
Re: Controlling Blurriness via Scale from Another Layer
on Nov 18, 2018 at 8:25:41 am

Oh wow that's so simple haha. I had no idea about linear, I'll have to look into it more. It works perfectly.

Thanks Dan!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]