ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Having some problems with dynamic text bubbles..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Håkon Hammer
Having some problems with dynamic text bubbles..
on Oct 31, 2018 at 2:44:51 pm

So I watched

on how to make chat bubbles that scale according to the text inside them (which works perfectly!) but I'm having some problems.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to make it so it types and scales downwards (when there are more than 1 line) from the top-left corner and from bottom-right corner. It currently types from the bottom-left corner which is the receiver in this point of view. I'm looking to have a sender bubble and a special one that resembles the Messenger App in certain situations.

I've been playing around with the parameters but I completely suck at expressions so I thought I'd ask here before my head explodes. Here's how it currently looks.

Thank you in advance! :)

Text Layer:

value-[0,thisLayer.sourceRectAtTime().height]

Bubble Layer(Rectangle path properties):

Size:
W=thisComp.layer("Hey wanna see something really fucken’ rad dude?").sourceRectAtTime().width+150;
H=thisComp.layer("Hey wanna see something really fucken’ rad dude?").sourceRectAtTime().height+100;

[W,H]

Position:
value+[content("Bubble").content("Rectangle Path 1").size[0]/2,-content("Bubble").content("Rectangle Path 1").size[1]/2]

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Having some problems with dynamic text bubbles..
on Oct 31, 2018 at 9:46:03 pm

You probably just need to adjust the anchor point position and the alignment of the text.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]