ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animated Graph

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emma Hobbins
Animated Graph
on Oct 24, 2018 at 10:36:02 am

Hi There

I have been using After Effects for around a year now (so relatively new). I have been asked to do an animated Graph which is turning out to be trickier than first anticipated. I originally tried it as a gif as it is supposed to go into a Powerpoint presentation but I found this to be very difficult and so opted to use After Effects instead.

The graph will show different shapes moving along lines at different speeds.

I have designed this and everything is in After Effects, with the initial Keyframes in place. However, I need to repeat each layer so that each shape will repeat animating along the line from the beginning (without moving backwards).

My issue is that I have used loopOut(); however it only loops ONCE and then stops. I am not sure if this is the ideal way to go about this due to the speed differences.

This is what I am trying to achieve: https://test.form-fill.com/image013.gif

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Animated Graph
on Oct 25, 2018 at 8:50:56 am
Last Edited By Kalleheikki Kannisto on Oct 25, 2018 at 8:51:41 am

From reading your description, your approach should work just fine, as long as you're doing this one shape per layer. Are you sure there are no additional keyframes after the area you want to loop? And the layers extends all the way through the comp?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Emma Hobbins
on Oct 25, 2018 at 11:01:57 am

Thank you for your reply.

It is one shape per layer, with a starting point keyframe and an endpoint (positioning). I know you can do the same thing using the path masking but this just works the same way.

When I input loopOut () it only loops once and then stops.

This will need to go into Powerpoint presentation also, so i am hoping I can convert this into a Gif as my manager would like to input copy over it (its a chart after all). I did try to do this in Photoshop as a gif but proved quite tricky.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Oct 30, 2018 at 6:13:42 pm

Yes, you can output from AE as a GIF animation.

Can you create a single-layer example of how you're doing this and upload the project? That way we'll be able to tell why it doesn't seem to work.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]