ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Second text layer Y position to move when first layer's characters run into two lines

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henriette Tronson
Second text layer Y position to move when first layer's characters run into two lines
on Oct 22, 2018 at 1:16:54 pm

Hi there, I would appreciate if anyone can help me.
I'm setting up a template - where if the title layer's text characters are more than can fit into one line (let's say 10 characters), then other text layers' Y positions need to move down, so that I keep the same gap between the text layers in Y space, regardless whether the title text layer is one or two lines.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Second text layer Y position to move when first layer's characters run into two lines
on Oct 23, 2018 at 8:43:12 am

This scenario has been covered many a time in this forum. The keyword is sourceRectAtTime(), which returns the dimensions of the text box that you can then use to offset the second text layer.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Henriette Tronson
Re: Second text layer Y position to move when first layer's characters run into two lines
on Oct 24, 2018 at 11:04:29 am

Thank you so much Kalleheikki. I searched for the keyword. I'm completely new to expressions though, so probably due to my inexperience I'm not finding what I'm looking for. I would really appreciate it if you could point me to a specific thread for this? Apologies for the spoon feeding request!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]