ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Interpolation/Animation between expression?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allan Ricarte
Interpolation/Animation between expression?
on Oct 1, 2018 at 1:18:57 am

Hello guys, So is there some way to do an animation/interpolation between a result of a expression value and original value?

I don't know if i'm being clear enough, but basically this is the general idea.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Interpolation/Animation between expression?
on Oct 1, 2018 at 12:56:07 pm

Assign the expression result to a variable, then calculate -- based on slider value, for instance -- the percentage between original value and the expression value. Animate slider from 100 to 0.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Allan Ricarte
on Oct 1, 2018 at 9:57:56 pm

Thanks for the answer

Basically, for sure i could do that, in this situation would work nicely, but in my original project is more complex than that

So, each shape shown in the video is like from a 'list' in txt layer, imagine if i had like 6 of them (1,2,3,4,5,6), and i wanna just move the third one, and do the "interpolation" moving everything else together, but i couldn't stuck on that value ,because for example, if i need move the fifth one, i would need the layers do that "animation" again, but not using the "original value" and use the last value instead.

You've helped me like a week ago about a similar question, you gave me the idea about listing layers with a txt layer. Which helped me a lot, Thanks!

If you have any idea that could help me about it, i will really appreciate!

This is the an example animated

Thanks again!.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Oct 2, 2018 at 10:31:06 am

Hi Allan,

Ok, yes, that's more complicated.

It's not going to be very straightforward, but it could be done. You'll need sliders for each card separately. The slider would be a "remove card" slider going (for sake of simplicity in percentage calculations) from 0 to 100. The 0 state would be card in stack, the 100 state would be card out of stack. At the same time, the same slider would be a tween animation slider between two states, the stack with that card in it and the stack without that card. So you would need to calculate both results, then use the slider value to interpolate between them. The "which cards are in the stack" text layer would have to read the values of the individual sliders to see which cards sliders are at 0 or 100 or in-between.

Tricky, but possible.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Allan Ricarte
on Oct 3, 2018 at 5:05:41 am

Yeah, it's really tricky to be done.

I know exactly what you mean, both Sliders to do the interpolation and removing the card in percentage , but to be honest, i have no idea how i could achieve that in expression language, i've tried multiples expressions, i had no results, probably looks that I'm missing something really simple.

I had an idea that it could work, it's just to predetermine each position from the text layer list. when it's [1,] it would use position[0] = 540 for example, when [1,2,], the "1" would "position[0] - 30, rotation -2" and it would add another value for the 2 layer and so on. if i would need to remove any layer in between it would roll back to the previously value. Using sliders w/ percentage calc, i think i could do the interpolation. What do you think about it?

If you know any topic about expressions or something similar, that could help me to learn a little more about to achieve that, or if you can help about, please let me know

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]