ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Unable to access the external file data into the Slider control of After effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kritika Ramach
Unable to access the external file data into the Slider control of After effects
on Aug 9, 2018 at 3:29:01 pm

Hi folks! I am trying to access external file(.csv) data such as row and column data into the text layer of After effects composition.
But I suppose slider control will simplify by getting the external row and column data, thus dynamically update the array values.
Could anyone help me with this, please? It would greatly benefit.

var demo = footage("Testcsv.csv").dataValue([thisComp.layer("control").effect("Row")("Slider"),thisComp.layer("control").effect("Data field")("Slider")]);
demo;

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Unable to access the external file data into the Slider control of After effects
on Aug 9, 2018 at 5:04:56 pm

Try it this way:

var demo = footage("Testcsv.csv").dataValue([thisComp.layer("control").effect("Row")("Slider").value,thisComp.layer("control").effect("Data field")("Slider").value]);
demo;

You may need to swap your parameters because dataValue() expects the row as the second parameter.

Dan

Return to posts index

Kritika Ramach
Re: Unable to access the external file data into the Slider control of After effects
on Aug 10, 2018 at 2:41:47 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. I swapped the row and column value, even that doesn't seem to work.
Any other way around this?

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
on Aug 10, 2018 at 3:44:17 pm

Did you add the .value as well?

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]