ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Specific time for wiggle after an event

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
André Cruz
Specific time for wiggle after an event
on Jul 25, 2018 at 8:46:21 pm

Hi Everyone,
I'm in need of something I'm not quite sure whether it's possible. I've got a bunch of layers which will form a mosaic, they're all led by a ".sampleImage" to chance their scale. My issue:
I need to make them flick for some time, 1 sec for instance, but only after their scale animation finish.
P.S.= they do not start together.

The following expression is used to change scale in each layer.

x =thisComp.layer("Control").sampleImage([transform.position[0], transform.position[1]], [1,1]/2, true, time)[0];
0,8*[x,x,x];

Return to posts index

André Cruz
Re: Specific time for wiggle after an event
on Jul 25, 2018 at 8:52:58 pm

Just to add the expression I could make the flick starts after scale, but depending on when it happens the flicking time is not the same .

ScFromShape = thisComp.layer("Control").sampleImage([transform.position[0], transform.position[1]], [1,1]/2, true, time)[0];
if (ScFromShape == 1) wiggle(100,100,1,0.25,Math.min(time , 1)) &lt; 100 ? 60 : 100
else 100;

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Aug 1, 2018 at 6:04:17 pm

The problem is AE doesn't have any other way to know WHEN the value reaches 1 for that point except for checking every single frame from the beginning until it does. So you would have to create a loop to perform that check in order to establish the start and end times of the wiggle.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

André Cruz
on Aug 2, 2018 at 1:18:36 pm

Thank you! That was extremely helpful! I did appreciate that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]