ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Finding the final lengths of sourceText-animated Words, while a substring is active

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Frenkel
Finding the final lengths of sourceText-animated Words, while a substring is active
on Jul 17, 2018 at 10:57:20 am

This is a new approach to the problem I shared before. I created a new post, because the topic shifted to a completely new thing:

I have an animated sourceText attribute that uses a substring slider for revealing characters. I can't change that structure in my situation. Now I need another slider that shows the highest amount of revealed characters for the duration of every text. So I thought about comparing the Substring Slider values at the keyframes of both animations, taking the highest number from them for the final value.

Here is a depiction of what I am trying to achieve. I hope it is understandable. I tried to work it out by stacking for-loops but I have some conceptual problems, a hard time to figure out the best way to do it.

Thank you,
Thomas

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Finding the final lengths of sourceText-animated Words, while a substring is active
on Jul 23, 2018 at 2:49:13 pm

Do you need to use the "Reveal" slider value? Are there any cases where the texts will not be fully revealed at some point?

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Thomas Frenkel
Re: Finding the final lengths of sourceText-animated Words, while a substring is active
on Jul 23, 2018 at 4:47:12 pm

Yes I basically just need the final length of the text. But keep in mind that it's not that easy in this case. I can't just check the text.length at every keyframe of the sourceText (top row). The Substring affects that value. So I have to check at times where the substring is animated to not be active (using the second row)

For example: If you animate your text in and out out using the substring it is important to check the text.length at the time of one of the middle keyframes (where the full text is revealed) to get the final text.length. Checking the first keyframe or the last frame of this text's duration will result in "0".

Greetings

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]