ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is it possible to fully automate the creation of a video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrei Popa
Is it possible to fully automate the creation of a video?
on Jun 12, 2018 at 8:54:53 am

What i have in mind is creating a script that, based on some indroduced information, will create a composition with several layers and then render it. Kind of like a credits thing. Is it possible to make that fully automated? Was thinking of an online form from where i can fetch my data. But can after effects run on some server side or anything like that? So the user experience will be something like: complete a form, hit submit, receive an email with the rendered video. Should i research further into this, or is it impossible to do it like that?

Andrei
My Envato portfolio.

Return to posts index

Scott McGee
Re: Is it possible to fully automate the creation of a video?
on Jun 12, 2018 at 10:06:27 am

It is.

I don't know if your way will work, but I know it is possible to automate video creation.

In my last job, we had a server set up with a trigger for aerender. Once launched this would export 8 video files, 1 after the other. This then exported to a specific folder. Because we wanted .mp4, we had that folder set up as a watch folder. This then converted those files and sent them to the broadcast team.

I suggested using a trigger for a script file to make the alterations, but the risk of it not working over the above wasn't viable as no one would be in for 4-5 of the export batches, but we just didn't test it.

We also looked but never finished it (I got another job), an online application form using PHP to develop a json file. Once uploaded, we would use another PHP form that would see the update and trigger aerender automatically, but the worry was it clashing. So my PHP developer was going to set up a queuing system. So that is all possible.

My colleague also set up the system to then upload the content online and it would automatically embed it to the website.

So there isn't anything you're asking that isn't impossible. We were considering what you're suggesting, but the facilities was going to cost us thousands to do it right and neither of us had the starter funds. So I hope it goes well for you when you do set it up.

If you want a consultation. You know all the parts I know, but I could put you in touch with someone who give you a quote if you needed additional support in setting it up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]