ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Text Animator, DUIK Spring, Expression selector...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederic Antoinette
Text Animator, DUIK Spring, Expression selector...
on May 22, 2018 at 9:46:02 pm

I've been animating some text with the DUIK spring on multiple property,
Right now the only way I've found was to split each character of the text into a shape layer.
Use the pos(0) Zero option in DUIK so each layer position value would be [0,0] without changing its position
Then I animate the first letter how I want and make each other letters follow this animation with a delay value linked to a slider on the first letter.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to do that with the text animator, maybe using Expression selector
While researching I've found Amortype from Mattrunks (https://mattrunks.com/en/tutorials/after-effects/amortype)
But it only helps for the intro, I was able to match the DUIK spring effects. However it is the outro that I cannot get to match. As you can see it first go down a little bit and then goes up with an easy ease on the down keyframe.
I've tried with two animators (one to go down, and the other to go up, animated with a delay), But I am unable to get the results I want.

It would be great if as I did here it would work with keyframes, and having each letter follow those keyframes with a delay, Like that I could simply add the DUIK spring on those keyframes.

Any help most welcome. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]