ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to Dynamically Resize and re-position a Shape Layer accordingly to different checkbox status

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Semaan Wallah
How to Dynamically Resize and re-position a Shape Layer accordingly to different checkbox status
on May 16, 2018 at 9:47:02 am

Hey Creative Folks,

Not sure if someone could help me out, but I'm trying to build an advanced title overlay for an in-house video production company that deals with hospitality clients. As I need to provide both After effect source file and new Motion Graphic Template format for Premiere, I'm experimenting a way to optimize my workflow.

Here's the thing, I've build a master composition with a global controller which manage each aspect of the design shown on screen (color, text and position size, bg, shape, stroke ... ).

What I'm trying to figure out is
01.to dynamically change the shape size and position to always adjust, accordingly to the checkbox status that reveal (each design element )
02.each comp to reposition according to the checkbox master (for instance, if 01 is unchecked 02.03.04.05 will be automatically centered and aligned and so on whatever checkbox status, it always update to be align in the center

Design is made of 5 parts (linked to checkbox for ON/OFF)
01. Graphic icon
02. Main title
03. Subtitle
04. Small description
05. Star Rating

I've prepared a small sample so you can visualize what I'm referring to, hope it helps.

Any advise would be most welcomed

Thanks a bunch

Semaan..

For now the control panel expression used are the common ones(slider, checkbox, color, positioning,and styles like shadow lighting etc. (no particular problem on that) And the subtitle comp have a shape background which is dynamic to the text source entered (using the sourceRectAtTime().) expression

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]