ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

fly into screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
fly into screen
on May 3, 2006 at 4:55:28 pm

ive seen tons of things done where it looks like objects hit the tv screen. paint splatters, bugs, etc. is there anything out there that explains how to get this done.

one i saw is this

http://trapcode.com/gallery/lloydMTV2_excerpt.mov

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: fly into screen
on May 3, 2006 at 5:42:43 pm

Using Trapcode's Particular, I'd imagine that the apparent screen-hitting can be achieved by making the particles fly towards camera, then stick to a specific layer placed in the appropriate position. Or they could bounce. You set the type of behaviour in Particular.

Return to posts index

daveyg
on May 3, 2006 at 6:56:27 pm

what about other typesw of camera hits. if I had text that I wanted to fly into the screen. i was just using trapcodes as a visual of the effect I want to achieve. ive got a guy walking down the street swingin a paint stick around. as he gets closer blobs of paint stop and hit the screen.

Return to posts index

Jameson Schultz
on May 3, 2006 at 7:08:39 pm

I'm assuming you want the camera to shake as the paint blobs hit the camera or ground. Check out this tutorial by Andrew Kramer, exactly what you want to know.

http://www.videocopilot.net/videotutorials/camerashake/index.html

Jameson

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on May 3, 2006 at 7:08:41 pm

The "screen" is only in our imagination.

You just make something grow larger exponentially (or fly it toward a 3D camera), then make it stop abruptly. It should cover up the subject in the shot, since it is imagined to be between camera and subject.

If you use a 3D camera, make sure everything stops at the same distance from camera if you intend to move the camera after the "sticking" happens. Actually, I might move the objects rather than move the camera. That way, you don't have to deal with parenting the "screen-stuck" stuff to the camera so it doesn't appear to move. Because in reality, if something sticks to a moving camera, it doesn't appear to move any more because it's stuck to the camera.

Maybe add a little shake to it (by hand or with the wiggle expression), or add a little shake to the rest of the stuff in the shot to help "sell" the effect.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]