ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using an expression for frame blending on/off?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ruben fröhlich
Using an expression for frame blending on/off?
on Apr 21, 2018 at 2:17:38 pm

Hello,

i just found out about after effects and expressions and i was wondering, is there a way to automate the frame blending depeding on the speed the footage is currently running?

I change the speed of my footage alot, but, after the first 20 seconds, i got annoyed of having to cut the footage every second, just to enable/disable frame blending. It would be really handy if there is a way to automatically enable the frame interpolation if the speed of the video goes below a set value.

I couldnt really find anything in the web, maybe i used the wrong keywords for an accurate search? Tips?

Thanks in advance

Ruben

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Using an expression for frame blending on/off?
on Apr 21, 2018 at 6:07:23 pm

Basically, if you can't keyframe it, you can't control it with an expression. Comp attributes like frame blending aren't accessible to expressions.

Scripting does have access frame blending though, so you might be able to come up with a script to automate what you're doing by hand.

Dan

Return to posts index

Marcin Fischer
Re: Using an expression for frame blending on/off?
on May 17, 2018 at 1:18:38 am

I think there is a turnaround to make it work with expressions:
Make two duplicate layers - one with Frame Blending turned on and the other without it (on top of the first one).
Write expression switching the Opacity of the first layer to 0% whenever Frame Rate goes below certain value.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]