ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dynamic Project / Composition Lengths

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bell
Dynamic Project / Composition Lengths
on Mar 22, 2018 at 10:20:30 am

Hey Guys,

Firstly i'm a developer not an AE guy so apologies if I get any terminology wrong here,

I have an app that uses After Affects templates to render templates with custom user inputted text on our render servers. One issue we've never been able to solve is if it's possible to create a template where the length with always been the length of the mp4 in the background and any animations or text would stay visible for 100% of the template length instead of X frames or seconds.

What we're actually trying todo is allow our users to create square videos like you see on facebook that are a 16:9 video file with text above and below. What happens with our templates right now is if the template is created with a 10 second video and we render that out in AE it's fine but if we replace the video in the assets folder to one that's 20 seconds the template will still render just 10 seconds and cut the end of the video. Is there any script that can force the template to extend to the full length of a video file without having to redo the timings every time you replace the video file?

Hope this makes sense

Return to posts index

Dan Ebberts
Re: Dynamic Project / Composition Lengths
on Mar 22, 2018 at 7:24:33 pm

I don't know of a off-the-shelf solution, but you could do it with a script coordinating with your app. How are you triggering the render currently?

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]