ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Possible AE glitch, Possibly just not doing it right (inPoint,outPoint of layer)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects Expressions

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott McGee
Possible AE glitch, Possibly just not doing it right (inPoint,outPoint of layer)
on Jan 23, 2018 at 2:58:43 pm

I have a comp 30 seconds long.

I have a layer using the expression. This is timeRemapped and works fine. It's just a precomp that is to start at the end of the layer above it.

L = thisComp.layer(index-1);
timeRemap.valueAtTime(time - L.outPoint);

I have a movie file that sits above this. This works, fine.

If I drag and drop a new item above this layer. This also work fine.

If I replace footage of the movie file, it doesn't work. It seems to think the original is still it's outPoint or if it's longer (It will set it for longer and stick to this), but if the clip is shorter then it won't work.

Is there anyway to timeRemap a layer to start at the outPoint of a layer that you are going to be replacing the footage outside of after effects and when it replaces it, it can rework out the outPoint?

Can't find anything to suggest if this is a glitch or if it's just something the software struggles with.

Return to posts index

Andrei Popa
Re: Possible AE glitch, Possibly just not doing it right (inPoint,outPoint of layer)
on Jan 26, 2018 at 8:38:37 am

What if you reload the project after you replace the footage with a shorter one? Maybe it sticks to the duration in some kind of RAM way, like AE does with some variables used in scripts.

Andrei
My Envato portfolio.

Return to posts index

Scott McGee
Re: Possible AE glitch, Possibly just not doing it right (inPoint,outPoint of layer)
on Jan 31, 2018 at 9:07:44 am

It is really bizarre...

I've just had a try again, just incase I hadn't tried that (I tried quite a few things).

Unfortunately that didn't work, I even tried purging the memory again, still nothing. It seems to only work if you either manually remove and replace, by importing a new file that is (Not using replace footage). The same goes for the script. If you get it to delete the layer and import a new file and put it in that layer. Works fine. Otherwise it takes the longest length and sticks with that.

Just bizarre.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]